In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(precio, cantidad)el alquiler del apartamento — the rent on the apartment
- el alquiler del televisor — the television rental
2(acción de alquilar)rentingletting Britanicorentalrental EEUUhire Britanicose dedica al alquiler de coches — he's in the car-rental business EEUU
- el tema del alquiler de úteros — the subject of commercial surrogacy
- tomar una casa en alquiler — to rent a house
- contrato de alquiler — tenancy agreement
- ese piso lo tengo en alquiler — I've rented that apartment out
- tiene varios pisos de alquiler — she has several apartments that she rents out
- no había coches de alquiler — there were no rental cars
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.