In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1deseoso de algo
- un niño deseoso de afecto — a child who is eager / longing for affection
- deseoso de + inf — eager to + inf
- estaba deseoso de poder ayudar en algo — he was eager to be able to help in some way
- estaba deseoso de salir a la calle — he was longing to get out
- deseoso de que + subj
- estaba deseoso de que volvieses — I couldn't wait for you to get back
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.