In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Río de la Plata
- Mi corazón falluto lo saluda con latidos de reincidencia.
- "Suárez no te olvides que estás en Europa y hay mucho ""falluto""."
- Este es lo mas falluto que existe.
- Dos mil once, año falluto y reaccionario.
- "El término ""falluto"" viene del latín."
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.