In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(factor/herramienta/requisito) essential(requisito/herramienta/factor) indispensablenadie es imprescindible — nobody is indispensable
- solo llevo lo imprescindible — I'm only taking the bare essentials / what is absolutely necessary
- [ S ] imprescindible dominio del inglés — fluent English essential / indispensable
- ser imprescindible + inf — to be essential to + inf
- es imprescindible tener conocimientos de inglés — it is essential to know / that you should know some English
- ser imprescindible que + subj
- es imprescindible que nos acompañe — it is essential that you accompany us
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.