In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1incitar a algn a algo — to incite sb to sth
- incitaron al ejército a la rebelión — they incited the army to rebellion / to rebel
- películas que incitan a la violencia — films which encourage violence / which incite people to violence
- lo hizo incitado por sus compañeros — his friends put him up to it
- incitar a algn contra algn — to incite sb against sb
- los incitaba contra sus superiores — he was inciting them against their superiors
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.