In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(adecuado)suitablees la persona más indicada para hacerlo — he's the right / the best / the most suitable person for the job
- es la menos indicada para hacerlo — she's the last person who should do it
- es el momento menos indicado para hablar de eso — this is the worst possible time to talk about that
- es el tratamiento indicado en estos casos — it is the recommended treatment in these cases
- lo más indicado sería ir a su casa — the best thing to do would be to go to his house
- no me parece que sea el color indicado — I don't think it's a very suitable / appropriate color
2(señalado)(hora/fecha) specifieda la hora indicada — at the time specified
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.