In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1winter(en la zona tropical) rainy seasonen invierno — in wintertime
- en pleno invierno — in the middle / depths of winter
- ropa de invierno — winter clothes
- fue un invierno muy crudo — it was a very hard / severe winter
- el próximo invierno — next winter
- el invierno pasado — last winter
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.