In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1potenciar el desarrollo — measures to boost / promote development
- el gobierno quiere potenciar las relaciones entre los dos países — the government wants to foster good relations between the two countries
- esto puede potenciar nuestra influencia en la comunidad — this may strengthen / increase our influence in the community
- se potenciará el intercambio cultural entre las dos ciudades — we will be promoting cultural contact between the two towns
- fondos para potenciar la seguridad de la red ferroviaria — funds to improve the safety of the railway network
- el alcohol potencia el efecto de los barbitúricos — alcohol increases the effect / potency of barbiturates
- para potenciar su talento musical — in order to foster her musical talent
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.