In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1preciselyllegó precisamente cuando salía a buscarlo — he arrived just as I was going out to look for him
- te lo digo precisamente por eso — I'm telling you for precisely that reason
- precisamente estábamos hablando de eso — we were just talking about that
- no es que sea precisamente guapa — she's not exactly pretty
- fue precisamente en ese lugar donde nos conocimos — that was the very place where we met
- modificador de una oración precisamente, por eso no voy — precisely / exactly, that's why I'm not going
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.