In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Matemáticasproblemresolver un problema — to solve a problem
2(dificultad, preocupación)problemnos está creando muchos problemas — it is causing us a lot of problems / a lot of trouble
- problemas económicos — financial difficulties / problems
- me gustaría ir, el problema es que no tengo dinero — I'd like to go, the snag / trouble / problem / thing is I don't have any money
- los coches viejos siempre dan muchos problemas — old cars always play up a lot
- si se enteran, vas a tener problemas — if they find out, you'll be in trouble
- no te hagas problema — don't worry about it
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.