In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puré de verduras — puréed vegetables
- puré de tomates — tomato purée / paste
- puré de manzana — (para bebés) apple purée
- puré de papas / (Spain) patatas — mashed / creamed potatoes
- estar hecho puré — to be done in
- hacer puré a algn — to make mincemeat of sb
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.