In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Créanos, tarde o temprano usted tendrá un dispositivo DVD reescribible.
- Repensado a diario y quizás reescribible.
- La memoria es un CD reescribible que constantemente está siendo reescrito.
- No serán validos los soportes tipo reescribible (CD-RW o DVD-RW).
- Es muy delgado, suave y reescribible.
- No es reescribible; promete compatibilidad pero no ha sido probado.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.