In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sumergido)sumido en algo
- sumido en un mar de dudas — wracked by doubt
- viven sumidos en la miseria — they live in terrible poverty
- estaba sumido en un profundo sueño — he was in a deep sleep
- seguía sumida en sus reflexiones — she was still deep in thought
- la ciudad quedó sumida en la oscuridad — the city was plunged into darkness
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.