In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(proceso) procedure(etapa) step(etapa) stageel permiso está en trámite — the permit application is being processed
- todos los trámites necesarios para la obtención del certificado — all the steps / formalities required to obtain the certificate
- intentaremos acelerar los trámites — we shall try to speed up the procedure
- para simplificar los trámites aduaneros — in order to simplify customs procedures / formalities
- se iniciaron los trámites para su extradición — extradition proceedings were begun
- la propuesta fue aceptada a trámite — the proposal was accepted for consideration
- el recurso fue aceptado / admitido a trámite — I/he was given leave to appeal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.