In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Alfombrillas de velour de gran calidad y de goma a medida original para coches.
- La contrapunto del terciopelo tejido es el velour.
- Alfombrillas de velour personalizadas con emblemas de marcas y modelos.
- Los pañales ecológicos tradicionales son hechos de algodón, franela y velour.
- Velour - Alfombras de pelo cortado con una superficie aterciopelada uniforme.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.