In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1el problema de la vivienda — the housing / accommodation problem
- la escasez de viviendas — the housing shortage
- perdió no solo el dinero, sino también su vivienda — she lost not only the money, but also her home
- miles de personas se quedaron sin vivienda — thousands of people were made / left homeless
- un bloque de viviendas — a residential building
- la construcción de 3.000 viviendas en la zona — the construction of 3,000 dwellings in the area
- un complejo de viviendas — a housing / residential development
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.