In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The other option was to go back to a theory like Marxism which aims to be all-inclusive.
- That turned people my age to more social issues, to reading books, to more radical ideas, to Marxism.
- It also provides an accessible introduction to an under-explored area in the development of Marxism.
- The novel focuses on the conflicts between atheism and theism, Leninism and Marxism.
- We'd like to think that there's a whole lot more to socialism, and to Marxism, than that.
- Here he continued the struggle to apply Marxism in an analysis of contemporary capitalism.
- That strategy was essential for the growth of socialism and Marxism in Scotland.
- I had learned a little about Marxism in a course on the economics of health care.
- Above all he patiently passed on his knowledge of Marxism and the revolutionary tradition to groups of younger people.
- Trotsky soon learnt that there was more to Marxism than that, but he always used it creatively to analyse new problems.
- So many young people learned about Marxism and the revolutionary tradition from discussions with him.
- Engels was the lifelong collaborator of Karl Marx and systematizer of Marxism.
- Such forms of struggle have a role to play, but they are not a substitute for the explicit fight for Marxism.
- For Lenin, Marxism was not a dogma but a tool for change - and so was the party.
- A genuine unity of theory and practice may require a greater unity of Marxism and liberal equality.
- And this characteristic of Marxism is a universal truth, unaffected by culture.
- Does this account for the stagnation in Marxism doctrine which has been noticeable for a good many years?
- In reality, he lost any connection to Bolshevism and Marxism many decades before he died.
- When he did this the petitioner also handed him a pamphlet on Marxism and Trotskyism.
- It is based, of course, on a complete rejection of Marxism and genuine socialism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.