In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Three emergency routes in the A & E unit and the observation ward were obstructed.
- Poisoning is another reason that people visit the A & E department.
- Often the A & E department will be at the major hospital for your area.
- This has meant additional pressure on beds and on the A & E Departments.
- After admission to the A & E, a preliminary diagnosis of constipation was made.
- They recommended we take him to A & E at the local hospital.
- The waiting area, and triage room, is somewhat isolated away from the main A & E unit.
- We were taken to York Hospital and looked after in the A & E Department.
- It was only when I got to the A & E department that I realised it was serious.
- On March 2, ambulances were turned away from the old A & E because of overcrowding.
- She threw her sandwich away in the bin and walked back into the A & E room.
- My injury occurred about 100 yards from the present A & E department!
- The process is the same even if you arrive at the A & E department by ambulance.
- Go straight to A & E if the cut is to an artery or if the bleeding will not stop.
- The A & E department is equipped to hold no more than eight patients.
- Should you need to visit your local A & E department to get an x-ray, the same principle will apply.
- There had been an 18-bed ward adjacent to the A & E at the time, with nobody in it.
- The hospital hopes to increase the number of nurse practitioners in the A & E department.
- Departments have pulled together to release beds and expertise when required to relieve the A & E burden.
- As well as the A & E, the wing has ten four-bedded wards and 80 single rooms.
accident and emergency
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.