In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Three emergency routes in the A & E unit and the observation ward were obstructed.
- Go straight to A & E if the cut is to an artery or if the bleeding will not stop.
- They recommended we take him to A & E at the local hospital.
- This has meant additional pressure on beds and on the A & E Departments.
- Should you need to visit your local A & E department to get an x-ray, the same principle will apply.
- Poisoning is another reason that people visit the A & E department.
- It was only when I got to the A & E department that I realised it was serious.
- The waiting area, and triage room, is somewhat isolated away from the main A & E unit.
- After admission to the A & E, a preliminary diagnosis of constipation was made.
- Departments have pulled together to release beds and expertise when required to relieve the A & E burden.
- The A & E department is equipped to hold no more than eight patients.
- The process is the same even if you arrive at the A & E department by ambulance.
- There had been an 18-bed ward adjacent to the A & E at the time, with nobody in it.
- Often the A & E department will be at the major hospital for your area.
- We were taken to York Hospital and looked after in the A & E Department.
- The hospital hopes to increase the number of nurse practitioners in the A & E department.
- As well as the A & E, the wing has ten four-bedded wards and 80 single rooms.
- On March 2, ambulances were turned away from the old A & E because of overcrowding.
- My injury occurred about 100 yards from the present A & E department!
- She threw her sandwich away in the bin and walked back into the A & E room.
- accident and emergency
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.