In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de una compañía discográfica) departamento de contratación masculino
- So I'd always disappear whenever the A & R man came down to the studio.
- That really freaked out the publicity lady and my A & R guy and the other publicist.
- As an A & R man he signed an artist who drove his record label broke.
- I'd done a lot of changing my tune, literally, for A & R people.
- Their A & R is second to none, their licensing always shrewd and the compilations excellent.
- The label is interesting because we don't have an A & R department.
- This attitude is not unlike that of an A & R executive at any other record company.
- Having graduated quickly to front of stage, demos were sent out and dutifully the A & R men wined and dined the rising star.
- It begins with indie buzz and heartfelt promises from a hip A & R exec.
- I'm sure the A & R people are just as depressed as we are.
- One of our friends was actually dating one of their A & R reps.
- What did your A & R work for Warner Brothers teach you?
- Record producers, A & R managers and journalists have access to a very large band roster online.
- It was all about getting the right A & R people out.
- Our A & R (artists and repertoire) person almost got fired.
- I'd be curious to see what the ages of their A & R folk are.
- Part gatekeeper and part bloodhound, an A & R person ideally has a good ear and a passion for music.
- We were at Number One in America once, and our A & R man said, ‘Yes, but is it a hit?’
- My favorite producer of all time is John Hammond, who was the A & R guy who signed Billie Holiday and Count Basie, and produced a lot of their early records.
- But perhaps he should be made to relearn the A & R man's mantra: don't give up the day job.
- artists and repertory
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.