In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1raptarsecuestrarplagiar América Latina
- During one such break-in, they find themselves forced to abduct him and take him into the mountains.
- You hear about people abducting kids all the time.
- Families who want to marry off their daughters without paying a dowry often hire criminals to abduct eligible boys and force them into wedlock, the paper said.
- They said that children who tried to escape were usually captured by other abducted children.
- A WOMAN abducted by a knifeman in a busy Bolton street and forced to drive to Leeds was today recovering at home.
- Have you ever noticed that when people are abducted it's usually during the night, Art?
- It has been alleged that the person who attempted to abduct the girl was a serving member of the force.
- So, after he is abducted, he is forced to wander, looking for a community where he can settle.
- A failed attempt to abduct a legislator's son came to light yesterday, sending shock waves though the legislature's staff.
- A new law took effect last year that makes it illegal to abduct young girls and force them into marriage.
- There is a pattern of arbitrary executions, the systematic rape of women and girls and people being abducted.
- This was the second time for the rebels to set free abducted members of security forces in recent weeks.
- Traffickers also kidnap and abduct their victims.
- But what possible motive would a person have for abducting Mike?
- Even if it was a mistake to abduct her children following the trial, the children should not be punished for her mistake.
- A woman who alleged she was abducted and raped is no longer helping detectives investigating the attack.
- The arrest was a seizure by seven armed men dressed in civilian clothes who abducted him in an unlicensed car.
- To prove loyalty to the cause, abducted children are often forced to kill family members or each other.
- Young men with poor marriage prospects might attempt to abduct a woman and force her into marriage.
- He has a string of prior convictions and was arrested and was later convicted of abducting a prostitute and threatening to kill her.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.