In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is a snag with this product for owners who have dependants living with them, be they able-bodied or disabled.
- They showed no real differences between the physically disabled and able-bodied athletes.
- This means that able-bodied citizens must support their claims and push forward disabled rights in Bulgaria.
- A new project - Crank it Up - wants to see more able-bodied and disabled people enjoying the benefits of cycling.
- She finds now that disabled people working for her are as responsible as able-bodied people.
- This would have been an extraordinary achievement even for an able-bodied athlete.
- It took the disabled shoppers two hours longer than their able-bodied counterparts to complete the same activities.
- When able-bodied people go about seeking changes on behalf of the disabled, these never get done.
- Disabled and able-bodied pupils got together for a dance and drama day.
- Disabled and able-bodied children will now be able to enjoy the playground together because of its specially designed equipment.
- I appreciate that it is good for pupils to mix, both disabled and able-bodied, as this reflects the general public.
- It wilfully ignores the real differences between the needs of the disabled and the needs of the able-bodied.
- The vessel is designed to enable able-bodied and physically disabled people to experience the adventure of off-shore sailing.
- Disabled people had the same rights and entitlements as able-bodied people.
- If you thought disabled athletes were in any way less competitive than able-bodied ones then this mayhem should put you right.
- I wish traffic wardens would use as much enthusiasm when dealing with able-bodied people who use disabled parking places.
- Disabled and able-bodied children will be able to play side by side at the pioneering inclusive playground at Wharfemeadows Park in Otley.
- Benjamin says there's a certain fear as well as curiosity when able-bodied and disabled dancers meet.
- In the athletes' village, it is great to see that everyone treats the disabled athletes the same as an able-bodied person.
- The aim of this meeting is to set up a youth club with emphasis on inclusion of both disabled and able-bodied young people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.