In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hábilmentecon mucha habilidad
- Based on the Greek legend of Theseus trying to catch and slay the Minotaur, this is a wonderful story ably told.
- His team colleagues, ably captained by Robbie Powell, covered very well and registered their best points tally of the season.
- He was ably assisted by his partner Michael Togher who notched up a goal and a point.
- However, the quality of this single is in no doubt and it was ably supported by what was unquestionably, for me, the best video of the year.
- On this particular hike he was ably assisted by hike leaders Calvin Crawford and Leon Rougier.
- He was ably supported by his partner who was quite happy to play second fiddle, taking 47 balls for his five runs.
- Jimmy was ably assisted on the day by Tyrone Power, best man, James Walsh, and Stuart Murray.
- The president has ably led us through the uncertain days following the worst attack on our country in modern times.
- He was the driving force upfront, and was ably supported by the willing Richard Pugh, Duncan Jones and Ryan Jones.
- She was ably supported by Charlotte Dixon, Amie Whetstone, Jennifer Griffiths and Rachel Hsu.
- It takes a brave man to argue that empire is good, but Niall Ferguson ably and admirably makes the case.
- He was ably substituted by chief organiser Kathleen Nerney in the afternoon.
- Mr Luff was thanked for answering all questions put to him so ably.
- Every part in this production was well cast, and each actor plays his or her role ably.
- Rathnew full back Mark Coffey had a smashing first half, ably fronted all through by Stephen Byrne.
- Annabel James deserved credit for a tight bowling display, ably backing up the more experienced Hughes and Jones.
- Fortunately, the writers are ably assisted by Michael Lark, one of the finest character artists in comics today.
- Her smile reflected the completeness of her happiness and ably communicated the effect of Robert's kind gesture.
- Those four athletes are ably backed up by Rose Tully, Tanya McHale and Olivia Flannery.
- Be that as it may, I am now ably positioned to inform you that dancing is not necessarily good for the body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.