In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mundo académico masculino
- Student privacy has always been a hot-button issue in academe, and faculty are often on the front lines of this debate.
- Research on faculty retention also documents the unique contributions that faculty of color make to academe.
- Significant changes are going to happen in academe regardless of what a faculty or an administration desires.
- As a result, their decisions can sometimes disregard the values of academe.
- But when we consider the status of women in academe, we may confront not so much a myth as a glass half empty or half full.
- As a consequence, two-year college faculty are implicitly marginalized and devalued within academe.
- Thus the decision to leave academe often reflected problems in academia, not irresistible temptations outside.
- You might try one of the online job-listing services focusing on academe.
- Still, such practices in academe help legitimate the even more extreme forms now commonplace in corporate America.
- The project, based at Pennsylvania State University, focuses on work and family issues in academe.
- We are not unique; the number of racial and ethnic minorities in academe is slowly increasing.
- Furthermore, the goals and system of rewards in academe often appear conflicted.
- I do not question for a minute much of what he claims about the inequities gays and lesbians face in academe.
- These studies, while important, mask individual differences in academe.
- The first two factors are relevant to the advancement of women not only in academe but in the broader society, too.
- Few faculty enter academe with the assumption that students are customers.
- I realized that most of my mentoring came from places outside academe and art institutions.
- THE GLASS CEILING is firmly intact in academe at the start of the twenty-first century.
- I would go even further by suggesting that when gross imbalances exist they bespeak pathological symptoms in academe.
- Others concur that a doctorate is a prerequisite to advancement to many of the positions with the most power in academe.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.