In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mundo académico masculino
- I took a stroll across the university campus, a compact woodland grove of academia.
- I am a woman in science; should I expect to encounter sexism in my pursuit of academia?
- Is there a purpose to academia other than the education of a proportion of the population, and if so what?
- Instead, academia sometimes draws criticism for apparently doing research for its own sake.
- How did a man who had no experience in academia get to be president of the college?
- Similar influences are at work in the arts, education, academia and especially in the sphere of politics.
- Her interest in academia began with studies through the Open University.
- She stresses that it is crucial for women in academia to concentrate on their research.
- Does perhaps the ridiculing of an area of academia bring the whole intellectual community into disrepute?
- Do not rely on them for landing that assistant professor job, or anything else in academia.
- My eventual entry into university and the to the margins of academia was much more circuitous.
- So he returned to academia, to the famous university of Cambridge to study Global Politics.
- The way to resolve this is to return education to academia and educational experts.
- Communities love to claim the achievers in sports and academia, the artists, and the good kids.
- Youth is a rare species, and much loved - as much by art and academia as by market research.
- If medical academia is to flourish research and education must be given equal weight.
- The low numbers of these graduates in academia reflects the worldwide unpopularity of academic medicine.
- We also need to create state run research organisations which partner with academia and industry.
- I have traversed five years of university to decide that academia is my probable vocation.
- The book ranges over countless topics, from the share market to academia to rail gauges.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.