In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its accessories include the necessary hoses, wands, nozzles, hydrant adapters and an injector.
- And if you want the comfort of typing with a full-size keyboard, you can easily add one as an optional accessory.
- In addition to building materials, the group also sells bathroom suites and accessories to trade suppliers and the public.
- Shops may offer a range of accessories or even extended warranties that can be worth a fair bit.
- To motorists, it's a useful accessory that allows them to talk without driving off the road.
- The even better news is that bathroom accessories can be spray painted in the same colour for a co-ordinated look.
- Carpets, floor liners or floor mats are among the most useful car accessories.
- Motorola has designed quite a lot of useful accessories around its T720i mobile phone.
- Purchasers will have the option of fitted baths while there will be extra large shower cubicles as well as a full range of bathroom accessories.
- Folder is a new range of toolbar and slat wall accessories which include paper and telephone trays.
- It has a good selection of optional accessories including a Bluetooth headset and the loop set that allows you to use the phone with a suitable hearing aid.
- The bathroom accessories department reminded me that I hadn't washed anything for a few weeks, so I'd better buy a fluffy white bath towel.
- Try to choose bathroom accessories that complement the color of the walls.
- Inkjet Printables provides tons of useful information on inkjet accessories and other inkjet items.
- Its docking station is a useful accessory that recharges the camera's battery when it's not transferring shots to the computer.
- Among the many useful accessories in a car, truck, SUV or van are the mud guards.
- Other accessories include remote-control headphones and - crucially - a battery pack.
- The centre will sell everything from garden plants to household accessories and includes a restaurant.
- It also offers a very broad range of accessories including batteries, headsets, add-ons and clip-ons.
- They can then add optional extras and accessories to their car.
1.2accessories pluralIndumentariaaccesorios masculinocomplementos masculino
- Do they also carry bridal accessories, like hair decorations, veils and shoes?
- When you buy a new dress, be sure you have shoes and other accessories to go with it.
- There will also be her fantastic range of accessories including shell necklaces and natural raffia bags and baskets to add a touch of style to any outfit.
- The gold bangles and thick hoop earrings she wore were the perfect accessories to the outfit.
- The teacher looked all fancy with his completely brown outfit and silver accessories.
- In addition, you can use scarves and accessories to give each outfit a whole new look.
- The women have to purchase expensive gowns and matching accessories to keep up with expectations.
- Apart from hats, the must-have accessory was a designer handbag, with Louis Vuitton coming out in front of Gucci and Dior as the label to tote.
- Keep the clothes to three basic colors if you want your accessories to match with your wardrobe.
- As gold is the colour to be seen in right now, accessories include sparkly sequined bags, cuffs, belts and kitten heels.
- She arrived at Rufforth airfield on a flight from Heathrow and wore a turquoise suit with matching hat and black accessories for the occasion.
- Limit your accessories and do remember to match your shoes as well!
- Money cannot buy style, but it can buy you the following chic garments and accessories.
- These will be used by consumers to store favourite special garments, footwear and accessories.
- He shops for many of his outfits on the Internet, where he says there are a wide range of authentic outfits and matching accessories for sale.
- A source said: ‘Jennifer thought it would be fun and unusual to extend the range of accessories to animals’.
- I also ran around taking a few pics of the models that were showcasing the designers gowns, and hair accessories.
- I would like to use the same accessories and shoes with each dress.
- Conversely, there has been a sharp decline in the use of gloves as fashion accessories over the past several decades.
- Victoria Beckham, meanwhile, is promising to launch her own range of clothes and accessories in 2004.
2Derechocómplice masculinoaccessory to sth — cómplice en algo
- an accessory to the murder — un cómplice en el asesinato
- The accessory to murder charges remain in force, along with a charge of membership in a terrorist organization.
- In 1828 Curr tried to charge one of his superintendents with being an accessory to murder after one of his convict servants had killed an Aboriginal woman.
- Has it been closed down, and its landlord charged with being an accessory to murder?
- The defendant is not charged with having received trust moneys for his own benefit, but with having acted as an accessory to a breach of trust.
- And should she thus be punished in the same way as the actual murderers, as an accessory to the crime?
- Intruders and accessories to crime, we had our voyeuristic detachment demolished twice over.
- And when will there be a law that will hold a bank guilty as accessory to theft from the Namibian public?
- Everyone present at that court was an accessory to the crime of the century.
- He said paying compensation for vehicles with varying declared value for duty at ZRA and the insured value would render the corporation an accessory to the crime of tax evasion.
- Addicted to heroin at 18, she has been in and out of jail since then, the first time for accessory to armed robbery to feed her habit.
- In addition to the 3,066 counts of accessory to murder, he was convicted of five counts of accessory to attempted murder and accessory to causing bodily injury.
- Today had turned out to be a pretty uneventful day until I discovered a few minutes ago that I'm quite possibly an accessory to murder.
- At the very least their actions make them an accessory to crime.
- How does an ordinary, obedient child of the 1950s and a beneficiary of the economic miracle of that era turn into a terrorist, an accessory to murder?
- She was an accessory to murder, and her son was a witness to it.
- As a result the clan stalwart and laird was tried by a jury of Campbells and, not surprisingly, was convicted as an accessory to the murder.
- Now today, I would be an accessory to a robbery, but in those days I really did not care all that much.
- He couldn't stay here and be an accessory to murder and theft.
- The police begin investigating him as an accessory to the murder, for having plotted and planned it with the killer.
- The 29-year-old Moroccan had been found guilty on more than 3,000 counts of being an accessory to murder and of being a member of a terrorist organisation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.