In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(performer) consumado(performance) logrado(thief/liar) consumado(liar/thief) hábil(musician) de mucho talentohe is a very accomplished speaker — es muy buen orador
- an accomplished young lady — una joven de formación muy completa
- What a waste of talent - such accomplished actors could bring so much more than these one-dimensional roles.
- Gillen is a capable and accomplished coach, but he has struggled to recruit at Virginia.
- He was an accomplished pianist and chess player, winning the Heart of America Competition in 1955.
- Outside medicine he was an accomplished pianist and loved his garden and the nearby Lake District.
- Dave, who portrays the role of John, is a seasoned and accomplished theatrical performer.
- It is a polished film by an accomplished director, able to hold its own on the international stage.
- As for the band, it would be hard to find praise enough for these seasoned and accomplished musicians.
- An accomplished pianist, Edward Said wrote some of the most surprising and sharp essays on music.
- Hugh is one of this country's finest song-writing talents and accomplished live performers.
- The 12 th marquis was an accomplished jazz pianist and his elder son likes to chill out with his guitar.
- Harry is better known for his talents as an accomplished flute player.
- An accomplished musician, she was a fine horsewoman and took a very keen interest in agricultural matters.
- Then this more theoretical work led him to become a very accomplished experimental scientist.
- This interest was shared with his wife Vera, also an accomplished pianist.
- This is Argento's first shot at directing in English and it's clear that she has an accomplished eye and a fine visual sense.
- By the age of 13 he had written an opera (now lost) and was becoming an accomplished pianist.
- For the newcomer proved himself to be a capable surgeon and an accomplished physician.
- The classes are suitable for everyone from the complete beginner to the accomplished artist.
- An accomplished classical pianist and a double first in Maths Physics, he was always a man apart.
- Claire is an accomplished pianist while Carthage plays clarinet, piano, flute and guitar.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.