In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1in accordance with — conforme a
- in accordance with your instructions — conforme a / según sus instrucciones
- to be in accordance with sth — estar de acuerdo / en conformidad con algo
- State leaders should act in accordance with the dictates of political wisdom.
- All military personnel are expected to know and to act in accordance with these principles.
- The bear was passed to the museum, with a copy of Miss Doherty's note, in accordance with her wishes.
- The composition of the committee is the same as above, and the voting is in accordance with that in the Council.
- The police in all three cases were acting in accordance with a policy not to knock before entry.
- One way to determine this is to build a scale model in accordance with all the specifications.
- The Commission will of course act in accordance with the law as declared by this Court.
- In fact it seemed to me that one could go further and say that if he had acted in accordance with a tenable view of the law he had not made a mistake.
- People often act in accordance with the images and patterns they find around them.
- The pilots of both aircraft appear to have been acting in accordance with air traffic instructions.
- Part of the deck was required to be removed in accordance with building regulations.
- He would act at all times in accordance with the implied duty of trust and confidence.
- Equally, we do not doubt that prosecuting counsel would have acted in accordance with their duty.
- It must be carried out in accordance with the plans lodged in the granting of the application.
- It is assumed that solicitors will intend to act in accordance with their duty.
- He could face trouble if it is proved his instructions to the rider were not in accordance with the rules of racing.
- I try to pay in as much as I can every year in accordance with the rules on how much you can invest relative to your income.
- We have sought to act in accordance with the principles we have set out earlier.
- Private law issues must be decided in accordance with the rules of private law.
- Written notice has to be served in accordance with the rules or the sum is simply not recoverable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.