In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1responsabilidad femeninoaccountability to sb — responsabilidad ante algn
- Given that this includes accountability to the public, his comments seem more than a little confused.
- When public funds are involved, accountability requires that money is spent wisely.
- Lack of accountability has corroded public respect for business and political leaders.
- Goals need to be set and reviewed and accountability cannot be ignored.
- One of the consequences of their taking the Parliamentary path is accountability.
- For even a minor piece of construction work, there is a system of accountability.
- In today's litigious society, we need to have someone to blame, to apportion accountability.
- An entire change of culture and open debate on accountability is required.
- In any democratic set up the question of accountability of the budget is an important factor.
- Greater political diversity on the Exec has led to more accountability to students.
- It is about taking responsibility for the accountability that actually you have now got a bad manager.
- There are ways to lie and be completely absolved of any kind of accountability.
- They have to make sure staff know their responsibilities and their accountability.
- We have to get the professional game right and we have to give it responsibility and accountability.
- Their usual role is to provide the illusion of accountability while refusing to lay a finger on the holders of power.
- Where is the outrage and demand amongst the fourth estate for some accountability from him?
- He said accountability was important for a police service wounded by a lack of public trust.
- The key legal issues arising from clinical ethics committees concern accountability.
- There must be a popular move to require transparency and accountability in all walks of life.
- Will the big media outlets demand the same accountability of themselves that they demand of everyone else?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.