In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1he's a real / a high achiever — desarrolla al máximo su potencial
- Too modest to celebrate her success in Pollock, she is fascinated by achievers such as Olympic athletes.
- New leaders, achievers, and entrepreneurs have emerged.
- The Motivational section carries success stories of amazing achievers in India and overseas.
- High achievers and go-getters are naturally attracted to such challenges and will organise their own funding and resources in a quest to win that prize.
- The fact of the matter is that companies spotlight individual achievers whose success makes the organization look good.
- The post-work party had high performers and big achievers from the banking fraternity.
- Mia was everything Emily wasn't; successful, confident, an achiever.
- It is a heartening trend, and ample proof that youngsters are looking to follow the footsteps of achievers who conquer new domains.
- Indeed, in some states there are no differences between the average university entrance scores of boys and girls and high achievers of both genders perform about equally well.
- Some of the biggest success stories at home and abroad were not the highest achievers at school but still managed to make a name for themselves.
- The families of these children were professional, successful, and high achievers in numerous pursuits.
- Everyone who is nominated is awarded a certificate and the outstanding achievers are invited to a gala dinner to receive their award plus £500 courtesy of the award sponsors.
- A great achiever, Dr Kalam says that success does not come on a platter.
- Niamh is one of a small group of top achievers in the recent music examinations at senior level who is being honoured at this event.
- Psychologists call it the ‘thrill factor,’ the urge that drives high achievers, often in the public eye, into taking unnecessary risks with their reputations.
- In some ways, Iain follows the classic profile of the early achiever.
- He was a top achiever, a high flier destined for great things.
- Among the high achievers was Hannah, who made the grade in physics, biology, chemistry, maths and general studies.
- Three workers with Bexley Care Trust have been recognised as outstanding achievers in the field of health and social care.
- Is there a guarantee that the highest achievers among you will have charmed lives, with continued success and prosperity?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.