In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calabaza pequeña de corteza verde y forma de bellota
- BUDDING STARS A collection of orange acorn squash or small pumpkins sets a festive autumn tone as a centerpiece or entry table arrangement.
- Try the pecan-stuffed acorn squash, but save room for a sensuous slice of chocolate diablo cake.
- Oranges (such as butternut and acorn squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, cantaloupe) contain carotenoids (beta carotene is one), fierce antioxidants that help prevent cancer.
- It is accompanied by acorn squash, a hearty stuffing of freshly made herbed bread, and a make-ahead mashed potato casserole.
- Try baked acorn squash or raw carrots for beta-carotene, and oranges and grapefruits for vitamin C.
- For winter use the little acorn squash is ideal, and there are many ways they may be prepared.
- Returning to the house, we found Martha preparing a warming dinner of lentil soup with shavings of white cheddar, roasted acorn squash with sliced apples, and aforementioned bread.
- They now raise 30 acres of irrigated sweet corn, 10 acres of pumpkins, and 7 acres of vegetables, everything from acorn squash to zucchini.
- ‘A cute, relaxed place with friendly service, sane prices and very good food, including Jamaican black bean cakes, stuffed acorn squash and the ‘World's Best Soy Burger.’
- To make mashed, cooked squash, wash, halve, and remove seeds from 2 medium acorn squash.
- These include potatoes, watermelon, acorn squash, beans, grapefruit juice, plain yogurt, milk, sweet potatoes, and tomato juice.
- By way of accompaniment, we roasted acorn squash and red peppers, sautéed red onions, and made a big salad of farmers' market lettuces and shaved fennel.
- I also brought in actual vegetables: acorn squash, butternut squash, artichokes, red, green and yellow peppers, eggplant and several others with which even I wasn't familiar.
- Remove from heat and spread mixture on top of acorn squash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.