In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1consentimiento masculinoaquiescencia femenino formalacquiescence in sth — aquiescencia a/en algo formal
- Nothing less than complete acquiescence is acceptable within this church of political correctness.
- What is much more alarming is the apparent acquiescence - even complicity - of the nation in its own enslavement.
- In cases of this type, the customer's failure to object to the respective entry is considered acquiescence in the charge so made.
- Overall, European acquiescence in the campaign can be taken for granted.
- Her mental maturity takes her from blind submission to condescending acquiescence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.