In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- If the court is not satisfied that D did what was alleged, an acquittal must follow.
- The doctors were duly charged, but their acquittals established the legality of abortions in order to preserve mental health.
- A close precedent for an acquittal based on the denial of evidence already exists.
- Routine acquittals of obviously guilty people would quickly breed contempt for the law.
- I am therefore of the view that it is not appropriate to substitute a verdict of acquittal for the conviction.
- Moreover the public interest may be as much involved in the circumstances of a remarkable acquittal as in a surprising conviction.
- In the result therefore a verdict of acquittal was directed in respect of all charges against both accused.
- Many acquittals are obtained in cases where the defense cannot offer jurors an alternative suspect for the crime.
- Now the choice is go to trial on a felony assault charge and hope for an acquittal or plead guilty to a misdemeanor.
- Only 14 cases actually went to trial, ultimately yielding ten plea bargains, two acquittals, and only two guilty verdicts.
- The appellate court affirmed 51 acquittals and 19 findings of medical negligence by defendant physicians.
- Any charge ever brought against him resulted in an acquittal.
- The motion for a directed verdict of acquittal on count two is dismissed.
- On the first, if the appellant is right, he is entitled to an acquittal.
- By last year, the rate of jury acquittals had fallen to 15 percent.
- For the above reasons, the appeal is dismissed and the acquittal of the Respondent is upheld.
- The significance of these statements is tempered by the fact that 14 of the acquittals and 1 conviction were reversed and remanded for retrial, the results of which are unknown to us.
- Many will balk at the suggestion that Megan's Law should be expanded to include warrants, dropped charges, and even acquittals.
- From his arrest until his acquittal at the Crown Court, the Applicant was on bail.
- If that is the case, my client was deprived of the chance of an acquittal on the murder count.
2formal(of duty)cumplimiento masculinodesempeño masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.