In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carbón activo masculino
- Activated charcoal filters used for home water treatment contain either granular activated charcoal or powdered block charcoal.
- An example would be when it is known that atrazine contamination has occurred; activated carbon filtration could be used to treat the drinking water.
- Treatment with multiple doses of activated charcoal increases the excretion of a number of drugs.
- The Fort Wayne, Indiana, municipal treatment plant specially treats its water with activated charcoal to remove atrazine.
- I think the most effective one so far has been activated carbon, and activated carbon simply works very well because the compounds are in very low concentration.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.