In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She was a singer not an actress, but we did a reading and I saw she could listen and make adjustments.
- The girl in question went on to have a successful career as a comedy actress, in both television and film.
- The talents of actors and actresses have contributed much towards the artistic power of the film.
- Top actors or actresses are making millions of pounds for each film, much more than a footballer earns.
- She was a rising actress married to the scriptwriter and trombone player Bentley.
- Jamie was so excited about New York because a lot of her favorite actors and actresses have been there.
- I always wanted to be famous, whether it be a pop star or an actress in theatre.
- She wants to become an actress and attends auditions in a state of nervous euphoria.
- I've done quite a number of roles which would be dream roles for other actresses.
- She may not have been a great actress but she was a star and she had it all.
- A theatre company is encouraging a new breed of actors and actresses to take to the stage.
- It started with lots of great singing and dancing from some very talented actors and actresses.
- She wants to be a dancer, an actress, a West-end star, but for now she serves me my burger and fries.
- Delivering the monologues are six actresses, each portraying a different type of mother.
- Each one of the actors and actresses assuming the roles of the cats are tremendously talented singers and dancers.
- Budding actors and actresses are being hunted by producers of a new movie due to be filmed in East Lancashire.
- The playwright and the actress divorced in the month when The Misfits was released.
- There are some fringe benefits to being an actress and one of those is meeting all those co-stars.
- She said Lola would be a tough part to cast as there are many good actresses in the drama club.
- His father was a house painter and his mother Elenora Duse was related to a famous actress.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.