In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cost/weight) extra(weight/cost) adicionalit's an additional reason for not telling her — es razón de más para no decírselo
- service is additional — el servicio no está incluido
- Our analysis was sent to the authors for checking and for additional information.
- It added that any new information should be clearly explained in an additional report.
- Calne Town Council is now looking for additional land to be used for allotments in the south of town.
- The additional sailings will continue until all three ships are back in service.
- If there are things we feel we can do to enhance his capabilities by additional support we'd look at it.
- The immigration procedures are just an additional avenue for information to leak out.
- The application was then amended so the land would be used for an additional four properties.
- Both councils said they were still unsure how additional places would be funded.
- The additional lorries would lead to more accidents and people being killed or disabled.
- The extra reach can give access to an additional two floors of a burning building.
- She said the letter had caused her additional hurt and distress at a very difficult time.
- So there would be no additional burden at all on taxpayers as a result of that change.
- There had to be a way to do that and the first option was to seek additional funding.
- The company has been paying my accommodation costs and my additional travel expenses.
- There would be additional employment in the offices, boutiques and a youth hostel.
- They call for an additional million health workers to be trained in the next decade.
- However, it all turned sour this week with the news that an additional grant had been rejected.
- It will look at ways of spending the additional cash which could include funding an extra warden.
- This product is available only through brokers, so there may be an additional broker fee.
- He underwent additional training and spent five months clearing mines in the desert.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.