In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Where it is available, aged manure is one of the best soil additives in preparing for roses.
- They are free of artificial preservatives, additives and colorings and taste great.
- Some food allergies are not intrinsic to the food material but are actually related to chemical additives.
- Imagine a company sneaking additives and preservatives into something you eat without telling you.
- One reason could be down to the fact that additives, colourings and preservatives are more prevalent in our food than ever.
- Natural additives like beer or lemon juice add benefits like body or shine.
- Vine weevil, the gardener's worst enemy, is often properly controlled by chemical compost additives.
- We eat convenience foods high in e-numbers, fats, carbohydrates, salts and additives.
- She explained about the many additives used in foods these days and listed the healthiest fruit and vegetables we should eat.
- The finding was instrumental in getting lead additives banned from gasoline in that country.
- Most nail products contain chemicals and additives that can actually end up damaging your nails.
- If you have noted improved behavior, reintroduce one of the eliminated foods or additives at a time.
- Sometimes these additives can improve flavour, but obviously they can also detract from it.
- Filtering drinking water to remove toxic copper, lead, pesticides, chloride and additives is also recommended.
- You can hardly complain about people who want to produce food uncontaminated by artificial chemicals and additives.
- It's also an easy way to avoid artificial additives, pesticides and GM ingredients.
- Evening primrose, wheat germ, and rose hip seed oils all make fine additives to this mask.
- She said hyperactivity in children could stem from too many fizzy drinks and additives.
- Campaigners today called for clearer labelling of additives on food and drink products.
- Tea or supper will not be a supermarket ready-meal full of additives, preservatives and artificial flavourings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.