In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of resources, facilities)suficiencia femenino
- This goes to the question of the adequacy of the interpreting services.
- The extent to which other factors, such as experience or training, affect reading adequacy is also helpful.
- Meanwhile the federal parliament has announced an inquiry into the adequacy of rural and regional air services.
- Taken together, these findings suggest both the adequacy and utility of our measure.
- The review will look into the adequacy of current arrangements and codes of practice.
2(of person in given capacity)aptitud femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.