In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The weight of the abdominal viscera and adipose tissue pressed on the diaphragm, resulting in decreased chest volume.
- We measured the circumference of the waist and hips, and we analysed subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue by gas chromatography for fatty acids.
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.
- Storage in adipose tissue may be protective because pesticide levels in the brain are minimized.
- The infiltrate was seen deep, involving the skeletal muscle and adipose tissue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.