In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The rush of hormones associated with adolescence is why teenagers commonly suffer.
- The apparent protective effect seemed to be greatest for sun exposure during childhood and early adolescence.
- He reports several years of drug and alcohol use through his adolescence and young adult years.
- Jenny's adolescence and adult life are, from the outside, quite ordinary.
- He learnt to become an observer and a narrator because so much of his childhood and adolescence was spent in bed.
- Her arrival in the city stimulates a series of memories of childhood and adolescence both in herself and other people.
- So what assumptions have many people here picked up in their childhood and adolescence?
- Secondly, do symptoms of depression and anxiety in adolescence predict cannabis use in young adults?
- Puberty is the first phase of adolescence, the time when sexual maturity becomes evident.
- Born in Calcutta, Murray spent most of her childhood and adolescence in India.
- Several models or theories have placed adolescence in a period of human development from birth to death.
- The legendary sensitivity of adolescence is a kind of self-absorption.
- The story of his childhood and adolescence is similar to that of many young men who came from the northern part of Sri Lanka.
- Teenage boys and women past adolescence also develop the condition, but this is less common.
- Childhood and adolescence are essential periods of your life in which to learn the importance of physical activity.
- Acne appears around the onset of puberty and runs a variable course till adolescence is over.
- It's a book a lot of people read at school and strongly associate with their adolescence.
- It should be kept in mind that these girls were still in the middle of adolescence.
- Young people who need ongoing specialist care beyond adolescence must transfer to adult services.
- This only develops, with brain maturation, during childhood and adolescence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.