In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reactor avanzado refrigerado por gas masculino
- The nuclear plant comprises two advanced gas-cooled reactors providing steam at high pressure and temperature to two dedicated 660 MW steam turbine generators.
- An advanced gas-cooled reactor on the site is also undergoing decommissioning.
- The historic costs of decommissioning British Magnox and advanced gas-cooled reactors do not bear comparison with the costs of decommissioning modern plants.
- The cracks were spotted in graphite bricks in the cores of all the company's advanced gas-cooled reactors, or AGRs. Collectively, they provide the country with nearly one fifth of its electricity.
- Oxide fuel used in advanced gas-cooled reactors and light-water reactors can be stored safely for longer periods of time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.