In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1consejero masculinoconsejera femeninomasculino asesorfemenino asesoraspiritual adviser — consejero espiritual
- financial adviser — asesora financiera
- adviser to sb — consejero / asesor de algn
- He runs an engraving business in Halifax and is an adviser to Halifax Rugby League Football Club.
- Presently, he has his hands full as an adviser to European Parliament on Guatanemo Bay.
- She was phoned back not by the MP, but by a special adviser to the secretary of state.
- He's since gone on to chronicle his experiences in a book, and of course act as advisor in the movie.
- In the past he has been an adviser to the New Zealand and Russian Governments on pensions policy.
- An adviser to the Royal Mail has been involved in discussions with major banks.
- His wide experience has made him a top adviser to the Home Office and the police.
- He continues to serve as a senior adviser to the Ministry of the Interior.
- At the moment I am an adviser to the Minister of the Interior, but I will be quitting soon.
- He was the artistic adviser to the Queen, and he had certain proclivities, which they all had.
- I suggest your friend either contact a tax adviser to work out the liability or go directly to her own inspector of taxes.
- A leading adviser to the Chancellor of the Exchequer was due in Bradford today to talk to trade unionists.
- Strangely, he is the adviser to the transport department whose services the police use.
- He is now a fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and an adviser to the Pentagon.
- The former chartered accountant has also been an adviser to the Scottish Executive.
- There is no way that the chief adviser to the president is going to be someone out on bail.
- Picture my surprise when I read the suggestion that he could have been a health adviser to the Blair government.
- He had stepped down as an adviser to the board of Leeds United days earlier.
- He spent 30 years as an adviser to the Treasury, working closely with nine chancellors.
- He was a specialist adviser to the malaria consortium programme to promote malaria control strategies.
- He also acted as an adviser to doctors involved in partnership disputes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.