In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acrobacia aérea femenino
- And while it's a sturdy training aircraft, it also has a deserved reputation for aerobatics - it can perform a 360° roll in just two seconds.
- The airplane had a foldopen hatch, tandem seating, and sticks for pitch and roll, but wasn't rated for aerobatics.
- As an avid aerobatic pilot, Paul pushes the airplane into some very basic, very gentle aerobatics.
- This became an opportunity to attempt unauthorized aerobatics away from the eyes of an instructor.
- Hume and I went out to practice some aerobatics.
- A member of the US Aerobatic Team, Bob also enjoys competition aerobatics.
- An experienced Skyray user can perform aerobatics, doing barrel rolls and slaloming through clouds.
- Thousands of families gathered to watch the Red Arrows perform astonishing aerobatics at breathtaking speed.
- It had excellent performance at height and could still perform aerobatics at 5000m.
- The helicopter also did a few daring aerobatics, including flying sideways and in reverse, before returning to base.
- Now even more airshow fans will be able to see the precision aerobatics.
- Anyone who has ever flown aerobatics knows that it's a physically demanding activity.
- Roll rate is probably about 45 degrees per second, quick enough to satisfy most pilots who aren't into unlimited aerobatics.
- We learned to takeoff, land, spin, stall, perform precision turns, lazy eights, pylon eights and aerobatics.
- Holding a doctorate degree from MIT, he also had pioneered instrument flying and precision aerobatics.
- Student pilots learn aerobatics, formation, night and instrument flying and cross-country navigation.
- Andersson had created a compact single-seater that would go on to dominate world aerobatics for years to come.
- All aerobatics, spins and banks in excess of 60 degrees are prohibited.
- This was to be a show, but also a cadet competition in short field landings, simulated forced landings, instrument flying and aerobatics.
- A witness who was standing outside of his home near the accident site thought that the airplane was doing aerobatics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.