In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Downforce is the combination of aerodynamic and centrifugal forces.
- When a propeller produces thrust, aerodynamic and mechanical forces are present that cause the blade to vibrate.
- Again, anticipate the aerodynamic force so you may instantly respond with the right rudder.
- The backward tilt of the stroke plane elevates flight force during the upstroke by increasing the aerodynamic angle of attack.
- Its smooth aerodynamic design was perfect for the way I liked to ride.
- The primary means by which a fly wing creates aerodynamic force is dynamic stall.
- The centrifugal force of the roll causes the fins to unfold for aerodynamic stability in flight.
- In flight, interactions between aerodynamic forces and a flexing airframe induce vibrations.
- Such modulation in steering muscle activity presumably causes alterations in wing motion and aerodynamic forces.
- While the wings flap, the inertial force due to the weight of the wings and the aerodynamic lift force both vary.
- This is very different to most aerodynamic designs, which start with the vehicle and then determine the airflow.
- It is very smooth and aerodynamic, and thus maintains pattern density at longer ranges.
- The aerodynamic set-up of the car forces the windscreen practically to clear itself.
- Lack of aerodynamic friction permits rapid rotation of thin sheets.
- It was sleek and aerodynamic, shone in his room like a light bulb.
- Integrating the effects of either the pressure or the velocity determines the aerodynamic force on an object.
- In aerodynamics he introduced formulas for aerodynamic force and for the distribution of pressure.
- I tried to lessen the impact by being streamlined and aerodynamic.
- Some of these suits are reminiscent of the sleek, aerodynamic suits worn by speed skaters.
- How I thought that mere glue would hold under the heat and aerodynamic force, I don't know.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.