In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The leading industries are steel, machinery, chemicals, automobiles, metallurgy, aeronautics, electronics, mining, and textiles.
- Like Glenn, it is involved primarily in aeronautics and space technology research.
- He then earned a master of science degree in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.
- Sweeping global changes in recent years have presented significant new challenges to the US aeronautics industry.
- It's the first time Australia has won the award, which recognises outstanding examples of international cooperation in the field of aeronautics.
- He discussed meteorology, aeronautics and mechanics.
- He had worked as a mechanic in aeronautics in the army for 8 years and thereafter as an informatics technician for 2 years.
- The classroom instruction consisted of aeronautics and how to behave as an officer.
- The Wright brothers' interest in aeronautics paralleled the growth of experimentation in the field.
- It is thought that the technology can be used for applications in disparate fields such as architecture, art, aeronautics and medicine.
- They were bright young men, at ease in Western society and with an interest in engineering and aeronautics.
- The Corporation's core businesses are systems integration, space, aeronautics and technology services.
- Then the administration essentially abandoned aeronautics in favor of space.
- The history of aeronautics is full of aircraft developed in secret.
- And that's good - proving, finally and most conclusively, that the old Standard made a lasting contribution to aeronautics.
- Top targets for economic spies are high-tech sensors, electronics, aeronautics and information systems.
- This work falls into a number of different areas but it began with applied mathematics and research into aeronautics.
- The Society's purpose is to advance the knowledge and practice of aeronautics.
- At MIT, he graduated with highest honors in aeronautics and astronautics as well as in science, technology, and society.
- He received a B.S. degree in aeronautics and astronautics from the University of Notre Dame in 2002.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.