In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1avión masculinoaeroplano masculino anticuado
- They then went on to ransack a hangar belonging to the property, which houses an aeroplane, helicopter and car.
- I am, of course, fully aware of the very significant differences between aeroplanes and helicopters.
- Some sprays were even applied from the air, using aeroplanes or helicopters.
- By then the real embodiment of air power - the aeroplane - was not quite five years old.
- The fighter aeroplane, of course, was essentially a short-range defensive weapon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.