In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But beyond that there is an aspect that connects our aesthetic appreciation to that of Nature itself.
- The art on the walls was contemporary and unusual, creating an ambience of aesthetic appreciation.
- Does knowing this information contribute to an esthetic appreciation of the photograph?
- It is also deeply involved in our aesthetic appreciation of the world around us, and there are many examples to draw on.
- New York's film-making community shares the aesthetic appreciation.
- This year the Scottish Executive appointed him captain of culture to teach the public some aesthetic appreciation.
- Women also appreciate the aesthetic value of a knife and may choose to combine function with beauty.
- Kashmir's contribution to the Indian thought has been of immense artistic, esoteric and aesthetic value.
- We should strive to appreciate the aesthetic value of our names.
- In this period, they occupied very much the center of aesthetic appreciation and social value.
- At least with the monument, aesthetic appreciation justifies a lack of content.
- There's an esthetic appreciation but no emotional context.
- There is a disquieting aesthetic beauty and grace found in the war dead.
- Second, there is a need to sensitize the students about the esthetic value of ethnic literary pieces.
- This aesthetic appreciation extends to previous writers on the subject.
- There are two traditional views concerning what constitutes aesthetic values.
- They might be an expression of aesthetic appreciation, or they might be applied as part of a knowledge system.
- As for esthetic value, I would bet on the architect whose project reflects enduring human values in architecture.
- Both terms were applied in all the arts in a neutral sense with no necessary implication for beauty or aesthetic value.
- That may be partly true but it does not detract from a thorough aesthetic appreciation of his works.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.