In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1afiliaran affiliated member/union — un miembro/sindicato afiliado
- to be affiliated to sth — estar afiliado a algo
- The regime limited unions not affiliated with the Government in their attempts to advance worker rights.
- In short - you can choose how closely you would like to be affiliated with our new journey!
- At the time my favorite magazine was Boys Life, some publication affiliated with the Boy Scouts Organization.
- She encouraged the Association to look at how members are affiliated with the organization.
- I think it's pretty clear, looking at the site, that it is NOT affiliated with the government.
- The club has fully qualified coaches and is affiliated with the local Football Association.
- Many students here, whether or not they are actually affiliated with the Union, are MPs-in-the-making.
- The programme lacked lustre as no commoner was present except for those affiliated with the government in some way or the other.
- Since I am not now affiliated with any political party nor any election slate, I am not recruiting anybody.
- Look for groups affiliated with a reputable organization or hosted by an expert.
- Associates are affiliated with the community, but do not take canonical vows.
- Most farmers' organisations are affiliated with one or other of the political parties.
- He stressed that the new economic team must be filled with professionals not affiliated with any political party.
- All are affiliated with slates consisting of similarly minded candidates.
- The competing club teams and are not affiliated with high schools.
- The most dangerous of the insurgents are those affiliated with the previous regime and their allies.
- They demanded involvement in one or more of the innumerable organizations run by or affiliated with the party.
- Also ask the researcher if they are affiliated with a research group or a national organization.
- I am not affiliated with any organization or group and have never received any major funding from anyone.
- He is an agnostic and not currently affiliated with any political party.
1afiliarseto affiliate to/with sth — afiliarse a algo
1(subsidiary)filial femenino(in relation to other group companies) empresa afiliada femenino
- We realized that several local and state affiliates had such committees in place.
- Should it provide affiliates with services or with strategic direction?
- Now, some say, vendors should focus on helping affiliates do business more effectively.
- Understanding your affiliates financial model is critical to the success of any program.
- Almost all affiliates and subsidiaries were anchor companies in the country's economy and many of them did business all over the world.
- Markets were opened by the government to products produced by affiliates overseas.
- Eight places on each committee will be reserved for the nominees of the affiliates.
- It has expanded internationally, with overseas affiliates in Macedonia, the United States and Switzerland.
- Most observers expect the membership to bless the idea of expansion, either through an affiliate or a subsidiary.
- Similarly, a company may draw components and supplies from a subsidiary or from an affiliate or on the open market.
- If the affiliates make a public call for an independent inquiry, I think they would have to act.
- Local cable and satellite affiliates will distribute the food donations to local food banks.
- For ten months I was a volunteer intern at the Irish Film Archive, an affiliate of the Film Institute of Ireland.
- From those small beginnings, the federation today has affiliates in more than 170 nations.
- Our technology affiliate has highly trained specialists who have earned their stripes.
- Here, a distinction needs to be drawn between the networks, their affiliates and cable television companies.
- Those affiliates and organizations assigned personnel to fill the slots.
- Finally, several national organizations have begun to help their local affiliates start charter schools.
- Another affiliate supplies security equipment and services in the co-op service area and beyond.
- The relationship between the national office and local affiliates is still evolving, still being worked out.
2affiliate membermiembro asociado masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.