In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1discriminación positiva femenino
- He has supported affirmative action, but warned people of the damage it can do to social cohesion.
- The legal question at issue here is whether affirmative action is constitutional.
- For many years, it served as the primary basis for affirmative action programs.
- Perhaps we should take a positive view, and look at this as affirmative action at its most effective.
- Many argue that we can and should still make the case for affirmative action.
- Opposition to quotas is not the same thing as opposition to affirmative action.
- All the companies surveyed indicated that they have affirmative action policies in place.
- And call it what you like, but we need positive discrimination, or affirmative action.
- They plan to host a summit next March to focus on the importance of affirmative action for women.
- This view is utterly independent of my views on the merits of affirmative action.
- We want to know what you think about the upcoming case and affirmative action in general.
- He soon will get another chance to stake out a position on affirmative action.
- Is affirmative action to reverse the legacy of discrimination an idea whose time has passed?
- They have been appointed on a basis that reflects political correctness or affirmative action.
- Then, there are those who see affirmative action as a form of reverse discrimination.
- Besides advocating a crackdown he is also proposing affirmative action to help young people.
- However there is no pressure for compliance with any of these affirmative action programs and much needs to be done.
- The Court had previously made clear that affirmative action could not last forever.
- It should also contain a clear statement by the union in favour of affirmative action.
- It's a ridiculous jump to assume the only aim of knowledge is immediate affirmative action.
- Una política del gobierno de Estados Unidos que exige que se favorezca a las minorías y a las mujeres a la hora de escoger a los candidatos para puestos de trabajo o para entrar a la universidad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.