In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(price) asequibleexcellent products at affordable prices — excelentes productos al alcance de su bolsillo / a precios asequibles
- Flights to these locations in February are very affordable, and we wouldn't even have to hire a car.
- Everyone is entitled to a break and often the only affordable time is outside school holiday periods.
- This assumes these people have Internet access at an affordable price and can use it.
- Interest rates appear to be more affordable than at any previous time, but in reality they are very high.
- For most, the only affordable option would be rented council or housing association homes.
- There are other fish shops in town where a variety of fish can be found at affordable prices.
- The competition aims to achieve a sustainable and affordable mix of houses and flats for sale and rent.
- The only way rail travel is affordable is if you pre-book your tickets rather than buying them on the day.
- In time, he hoped to bring down the price of space travel to make it more affordable.
- The same should apply to broadband, but only if the price of access is affordable.
- The good news for any prospective developer is that prices are more affordable than you might think.
- The nursery will offer care for children from three months to five years at affordable prices.
- Therefore, we hope that cost per seat will be reasonable and affordable to many.
- It accepts that prices should be affordable otherwise people would continue to use their cars.
- The phones were never affordable and didn't offer a decent reason to upgrade.
- That will make car ownership far more affordable to a far greater number of people.
- In any case, he insists that the spending programme is affordable and costed.
- Admission to all three venues is free and all artwork will be for sale at affordable prices.
- Some land could even be sold at discount prices to provide affordable housing.
- Nearly all new homes will now be built to meet demand from local people at more affordable prices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.