In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1norteamericano masculinonorteamericana femeninode origen africano
- It's a lesson all African Americans can follow to achieve full economic empowerment.
- The most highly valued attire is American brand names popular among African Americans.
- The migration of large numbers of African Americans to the cities was a feature of wartime America.
- It is unclear what percentage of the contributions came from African Americans.
- Their story closely resembles the relationship of African Americans to our country.
- The majority of African Americans came from a definable section of West Africa.
- The Acts were aimed at equalizing the political conditions of African Americans and White Americans.
- Yet it still lagged behind the literature of other American minorities, especially African Americans.
- It affects men more than women, and Whites more than African Americans.
- The people who taught me the most about what it means to be American are African Americans.
- Thousands more African Americans served the British military as SCOUTS, labourers and servants.
- Here they targeted those set free after the American Civil War - the African Americans.
- Today, many efforts are being made to recruit African Americans into the teaching field.
- The data for this study come from a nationwide survey of older whites and older African Americans.
- Even as a teenager, she had felt drawn to work with African Americans and Native Americans.
- Examples include native and African Americans and Australian aborigines.
- More than two million more Hispanics live in the United States than African Americans.
- The new study's findings were true for African Americans and whites, as well as men and women.
- Yet for many African Americans and Hispanics, as well as other ethnic groups, a larger body still holds positive social value.
- Hip hop, a dance which originated among African Americans, has a loose, casual style that has swept the city.
1norteamericano de origen africano
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.